The Vancouver Bach Festival is one of the largest festivals of its type in North America and runs this year from August 1-11, 2017. It is a superb series of concerts featuring guest artists from all over the world. The majority of the concerts are held downtown at Christ Church Cathedral.
SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR THE 2017-2018 SEASON ARE ON SALE NOW!
Create your personalized Subscription Series and enjoy any four concerts on our Summer Festival or during our regular season for the price of three!
- Overtures to Bach - Matt Haimovitz, cello | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Schumann Dichterliebe and Brahms Four Serious Songs | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Songs of Religious Upheaval: Byrd, Tallis, Tye - Music from Reformation England | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Lutheran Vespers: Songs for Troubled Times | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Bach's Italian Concerto | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Conversions: Mendelssohn, Moscheles and Bach | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Handel in Italy: Virtuosic Cantatas | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Playing with B-a-c-H: Sonatas for Violin by Telemann, Pisendel and J.S. Bach | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Before Bach: "The Fountains of Israel" by Johann Hermann Schein (1623) | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Bach for Two Flutes | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Heavenly Love: Sacred Arias for Counter-Tenor | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Bach Transcriptions: Victoria Baroque Players | Details... | Buy Tickets
- Music of Missions and Mysteries: Latin American Baroque | Details... | Buy Tickets
- J.S. Bach - St. John Passion at The Chan Centre | Details... | Buy Tickets
Film Screenings (Free)
EMV is proud to present a series of free films as complementary pairings with our concerts. These films provide context and historical insight, giving audience members a deeper understanding and larger perspective of the music that will be performed.
All screenings are free admission and open to the public, and will be held at Christ Church Cathedral in the Church Hall.
Where to Stay
Our main venue, Christ Church Cathedral, is located right in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Use the interactive map to find places near the Cathedral, or zoom out for more options.
ARE YOU 35 & YOUNGER? GET YOUR TICKETS AT HALF PRICE!
Early Music Vancouver offers half-price tickets and subscriptions for those aged 35 & younger. Tickets can be ordered in advance through the Chan Centre Box Office online or by phone, and will also be available at the door on the day of the concert.
RUSH SEATING FOR STUDENTS
We offer student rush tickets for only $10 to all of our concerts! These tickets are available at the venue box office, from hour before the beginning of each performance, with valid student ID. Subject to availability.
BRING A YOUTH FOR FREE
Early Music Vancouver offers free admission to all of our concerts for youth aged 7-17 who bring a paying adult. These tickets are available in advance by phone only through the Chan Centre Box Office and at the door on the evening of the concert.