Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator
Deadline: April 15, 2017, Position to begin May 1st or earlier if possible.
EMV has a long-standing reputation for the presentation and study of Western classical repertoires in an historical context. It offers one of the most ambitious programs of its type in North America, presenting an average of 30-35 concerts per year featuring internationally renowned local and guest artists. It has a main season that runs through the fall, winter and spring, and an annual two-week long summer Bach festival and educational programme at U.B.C. It is one of the most active non-profit presenting organisations in the Lower Mainland.
Our current team is small (only 5 FTEs). We are extremely collegial, fun loving and positive while also being hard working. We are seeking to fill this position with someone who works well as part of a group while also being self-directed. Please consult our website to get a fuller sense of who we are and what we do. A genuine interest in classical music is important. Our offices are on the second floor of Hodson Manor at 1254 West 7th in Fairview Slopes.
Early Music Vancouver (EMV) seeks a full time Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator who is responsible to the Executive and Artistic Director for the administration of all aspects of EMV’s marketing and volunteer programs in accordance with the annual plans and budgets of EMV. The Marketing & Volunteer Coordinator also works closely with and under the direction of:
- The Business Manager
- The Director of Marketing & Communications – currently a contracted service (Murray Paterson Marketing Group – MPMG).
Website and Social Marketing:
- Maintaining the EMV and Pacific Baroque Orchestra (PBO) websites.
- Planning and executing e-mail campaigns (e-blast via Mail Chimp).
- Building and maintaining EMV’s on line/social marketing presence (Facebook and other appropriate media) by regular posting of relevant materials.
- Supporting ‘On- Line Advertising’ initiatives (Face Book ad campaigns; Google ad campaigns) in coordination with MPMG).
Support to MPMG for Media Relations campaigns and On line Advertising Campaigns:
- Provide administrative support to MPMG for all media relations and online advertising campaigns, including:
- Maintaining and providing as needed all required “press kit” materials for media relations campaigns – photos, bios, videos
- Coordinating interviews with artists
Coordination of “In House” Promotional Campaigns:
In addition to media relations and on line advertising support to MPMG, plan and manage execution of EMV “in house” promotion programs, such as:
- Coordinating design & placement of print media ads
- Custom e-mails promoting specific events.
- Custom mailings/cards to invite special guests to specific events.
- Other advertising programs.
“Box Office” and Front of House / Customer Relations:
Serving as primary office contact for customer service / customer queries and primary coordinator between EMV and the EMV Ticket Agent – Chan Centre Box Office
- Building and maintaining service relationships with existing and potential customers of EMV (defined as: ticket buyers, concert attendees, event attendees, donors, granters, supporters of any kind).
- Managing relationship & coordinating “front of house” concert presentation issues with venue staff.
- Taking responsibility for handling “Box Office” incoming ticket orders, e-mails and phone calls coming into EMV offices
- Managing comp ticket lists for each concert / event, including seat allocations, trouble seats etc.
- Maintaining the databases of ticket buyer information by concert / event, including:
- Updating of Mail Chimp database with new ticket buyer e-mail addresses.
- Updating of Filemaker Database with concert ticket purchase information.
- Managing EMV VIP table at concerts for distribution of will call comps and other customer issues around the concert.
- Serving as the main contact for EMV service to our supporters to respond and take care to their needs/issues.
Coordination and Preparation of EMV Concert Programmes:
- Organizing all programme materials for programme designer
- Coordinating ad trades with other organizations
- Gathering programme notes, bios, photos of artists, cover art work from MPMG, updated donor lists, other announcements/ads etc.
Recruiting, training and directing the service volunteers to work “Front of House” at concerts and events:
- Ushers/ program distribution / ticket taking / cd sales
- Managing the merchandise to be sold at concerts/events
- Poster distribution.
Recruiting, training and directing service volunteers to assist in execution/delivery of fundraising programs including campaigns and special events.
- Office admin work for EMV
- Database data entry work
- “Stuffing” for mail distribution for campaigns
Maintaining the database on volunteers (names / contact info / type of interest / work done etc), including “Back of House Volunteers” working for the Production Manager.
Planning and delivering appropriate Volunteer Recognition programs/events (Including the recognition of “Back of House Volunteers”)
Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrated previous experience working in a deadline driven environment preferably for large events
- Proven previous experience working as part of a high performing team
- A keen eye for detail, a passion for exceeding expectations and a desire for providing “value-added” service
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize a diverse workload in a busy environment
- Strong ability to effectively share ideas and courageously take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – experience with a CRM program (we use Audience View) and data base programs (FileMaker Pro & Shiftboard) an asset
- Comfortable making informed decisions and delegating tasks to volunteers
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution preferred
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to Matthew White at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to indicate in your cover letter why you want to work at Early Music Vancouver, specifically referencing our vision, mission and values. The application deadline is April 15, 2017.
Full-time position – Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000 per annum.