Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator
Friday, May 14 2016 at 5pm
EMV has a long-standing reputation for the presentation and study of Western classical repertoires in an historical context. It offers one of the most ambitious programs of its type in North America, presenting an average of 25-30 concerts per year featuring internationally renowned local and guest artists. It has a main season that runs through the fall, winter, and spring, and an annual three-week-long summer festival and educational programme at U.B.C. It is one of the most active non-profit presenting organisations in the Lower Mainland.
Our current team is small (only 4 FTEs), extremely collegial, fun loving, and positive, while also being hard-working. We are seeking to fill this position with someone who works well as part of a group while also being self-directed. Please consult our website to get a fuller sense of who we are and what we do. A genuine interest in classical music is preferred.
The Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator is responsible to the Executive and Artistic Director for the general administration of all aspects of the marketing and fundraising programs in accordance with the annual plans and budgets of EMV. A full job description is available on our website. The Marketing & Fundraising Coordinator works closely with and under the direction of the Business Manager and the Director of Marketing & Communications – currently a contracted service (Laura Murray Public Relations -LMPR)
This position includes a diverse array of responsibilities, and is perfect for someone who is passionate about arts administration, outgoing, motivated, autonomous, and enjoys variety in their daily tasks.
For a more detailed job description, click here
Website and Social Marketing:
- Maintaining the EMV and PBO websites
- Planning and executing e-mail campaigns (e-blast via Constant Contact)
- Building and maintaining EMV’s online/social marketing presence (Facebook and other appropriate media) by regular posting of relevant materials
- Supporting online advertising initiatives (Facebook ad campaigns; Google ad campaigns) in coordination with current outside service provider, LMPR
- Providing administrative support to LMPR for all media relations and online advertising campaigns
- Maintaining and providing all required “press kit” materials for media – photos, bios, videos, concert program info, etc.
Box Office / Front of House / Customer Relations
- Serving as primary office contact for customer service and customer relations
- Building and maintaining service relationships with existing and potential customers of EMV (defined as: ticket buyers, concert attendees, event attendees, donors, granters, supporters of any kind).
- Managing relationship and coordinating front-of-house concert presentation issues with Venue staff
- Managing comp ticket lists for each concert / event, including seat allocations, trouble seats, etc.
- Maintaining the databases of ticket buyer information by concert / event, including:
- Updating of Constant Contact database with new ticket buyer e-mail addresses
- Updating of Filemaker Database with concert ticket purchase information*
- Managing EMV VIP table at concerts for distribution of will call comps and other customer issues around the concert*
*often with the help of volunteers
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing and potential supporters of EMV (ticket buyers, concert attendees, event attendees, donors, granters, supporters of any kind)
- Serving as the main contact for EMV service to our supporters to respond and take care to their needs/issues.
- Providing general administrative support for all fundraising programs as defined by EMV’s fundraising Plan
- Organizing lunches between the Artistic Director and specific donors once a year
- Participating in Fundraising Committee meetings
- Serving as primary contact for donor relations
- Recruiting, training, and directing volunteers to work “Front of House” at concerts and events*
- Recruiting, training, and directing volunteers to assist in execution/delivery of fundraising programs, including campaigns and special events*
*with the assistance of the Volunteer Coordinator
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and public relations skills
- Significant experience in customer service and personnel management
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- A passion for classical music and an understanding of the company’s mission and mandate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, Word Press, Squarespace
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and self-manage while working well with a small, tight-knit team
- Understanding of social media
- Proficiency with Adobe design software
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to Matthew White at email@example.com. Please make sure to indicate in your cover letter why you want to work at Early Music Vancouver specifically referencing our mission.
Full-time position – salary negotiable for the right candidate. Range between $35-$40,000 per annum.